Stories Of Failure That Power Success. Fuckup Nights is a global movement and event series that shares stories of professional failure. Each month, in events across Atlantic Canada, we get three to four people to get up in front of a room full of strangers or in a virtual setting to share their own professional mistakes and failures. The stories of the business that crashes and burns, the partnership deal that goes sour, the product that has to be recalled, we tell them all.
As a global community, our goal is to normalize mistakes and failure as part of the entrepreneurial journey. Please understand that entrepreneurial thinking is a mindset - anyone can be entrepreneurial! The goal is to speak without filters, shame, embarrassment or guilt because, let’s face it - in order to achieve anything, it takes putting in the effort, taking action, and moving our ideas and life forward to pursue our dreams, passions and goals. It’s only natural then that along the way, we’re going to make mistakes, encounter setbacks, and hit roadblocks. But we can’t let that stop us!
Why Hold Fuckup Nights?
- We deeply believe in having the difficult conversations as a positive step towards wellbeing and a less ego-driven world.
- One learns more from failure than from stories of success.
- To celebrate trying instead of stigmatizing failure.
- To normalize mistakes and failures as part of the entrepreneurial journey.
- To speak without shame, embarrassment, or guilt.
- To live a life with fewer filters.
- It’s fun!